Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

7- ARLO inner - 7 - RECONYX outer perimeter zones test

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ReconyxSC950
Apprentice
Apprentice

Now that the ambient evening temps are hanging in the upper 50's to 65 I thought I'd do the zone detection test using my wireless Arlos on the structure and the Reconyx SC950's on the outer perimeter using a "real" human person and not wildlife as previous posts revealed.

Any "noticeable flashing" in the video clips are the Reconyx SC950 cameras taking still image bursts in 1080p monochrome. I hope this helps others concerning questions like, How should I set up a protective zone so I cover and capture every angle if possible?

*Note: 2 - Arlo cams and 4 - Reconyx cameras were utilized for this test. Illumination you see here was undetectable by a human unless you walked right up to the Arlo cameras. Yard spot light enhancement are LED 2500 lumen (each) pure white floodlights. 

2 REPLIES 2
Ducktaper
Star
Star

Interesting test, thanks for postng it. I didn't realuze the Reconyx had such a fast trigger & refresh rate.

ReconyxSC950
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Reconynx cameras are the best out there for still imagery. The Buckeye system is simillar to the Arlo but costs more and more detailed to install. The Reconyx security models can be from 1 - 5 bursts per capture and a dead time of zero if so desired. The trigger response is 1/5th of a second on capture sensing. The picture count can be seen in the image as 2/5 & 4/5 meaning 2nd image of 5 and 4th image of 5.REC SC950 -2.JPG

I always like video captures on cameras and stills so, I have coupled this type of set up for video and still imagery.

Here is the images of just the deer from the cameras prespective of them crossing. As you saw in the Arlo video the avenue of approach was covered from 2 different angles allowing no dead space for something entering the zones. The other image is in reference to video of me walking along the side of the house from the cameras prespective.REC SC950 - 3.JPG REC. RC950 1.JPG.

Related Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation