Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VueZone to Arlo Promo FRUSTRATION...

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Flashfox
Guide
Guide

Stepping on the soapbox -

I was a VueZone user with five cameras that had been working fine for years. Netgear recently sent a notice saying that VueZone would be EOL at the end of 2017. They also offered me a discount to switch to ARLO. I opted for the 4-camera refurb deal and replaced my VueZone system with the ARLO (also added a "Q" for a remote site).

Now I learn that Netgear had a change of heart and extended the life of VuieZone until the end of 2018. If I had known this I would NOT have switched to ARLO as the VueZone system was working just fine... and it consumed MUCH less batteries.

So I spent $$$ for ARLO when my VueZone would still be usable until the end of 2018. Worse yet, my VueZone system is now OBS and cannot be reactivated.

NETGEAR --> Thank you for pushing me to ARLO via erroneous EOL information. I fell for it and spent $$$ for something that could have been avoided. Great 😞

Stepping off the soapbox

Thanks for letting me vent 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Terrible
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems it was a BitDefender issue.  Here's what worked for me.  Within BitDefender go to Modules and click on Protection.  Then go to Web Protection and turn OFF Scan SSL.  That resolved it for me.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Flashfox,

I would like to offer assistance. I will reach out to you in a private message to address your concerns.

JamesC

Gp56
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did the same as you, switched to Arlo based on the email stating the end of Vuezone support.  I had 13 Vuezone cameras in my setup, now have 9 with Arlo.  Night and day difference, can't even compare, but I would not have gone thru this expense if I knew that Vuezone support would continue.  My Vuezone system has not been deactivated yet, but the subscription has been changed to basic, so only 2 cameras work.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gp56,

I would like to offer assistance. I will reach out to you in a private message to address your concerns.

JamesC

Terrible
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did the exact same thing.  Was perfectly happy with my Vuezone setup.  Now I can't access my Arlo cameras via the web as it tells me they're "not connected" yet I can access them via the app, so clearly they ARE connected.  But I can't make any changes to the cameras (turn motion sensor on or off) via the app.  This is absolutely ridiculous and hugely frustrating.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That points to an issue with your computer and/or browser.  Try a different browser and clear the browser cache.  What firewall/anti-virus/malware software are you running?  Have you manually made changes to certain security settings that might be blocking access to arlo.netgear.com.  It's been sorta common for BitDefender users to have issues and have to whitelist the website.

Also, not sure what you're trying to do to turn the motion sensor on/off but it's certainly possible to do with the app.

Terrible
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response.  I do use BitDefender and added arlo.netgear.com to the whitelist.  Still receive "Getting Status...." message for both cameras when trying to access via Chrome or IE (cache deleted from both), followed by "Your device is not connected.  Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working internet connection."

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have no experience with BitDefender so my only suggestion at this point is to try a quick test by disabling BD followed by attempting to connect to the Arlo site.  If it works, it's a setting in BD, if not it's obviously something else.

Maybe a quick search here for "bitdefender" would provide a solution from someone who had the same issue.  It'd be great if a BD user would speak up here, too.

Edit:  my search turned up this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Apps/PC-not-able-to-log-in/m-p/972616/highlight/true#M667

Terrible
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems it was a BitDefender issue.  Here's what worked for me.  Within BitDefender go to Modules and click on Protection.  Then go to Web Protection and turn OFF Scan SSL.  That resolved it for me.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation