Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Usage of Arlo while on cruise ship

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Was lucky enough to go away for an 8 day cruise and of course dragged along the Ipad / android phone.

The main reason was to send pics back to the grandkids and messgs back to the kids.... but of course I had to play too.

Well, internet on the ships are via satellite link up/down while out at sea and wanted to see how Arlo would function. Happy to say that Arlo worked fine tho at what are similar to 3g speeds... some delay with d/loads of past vids but live viewing works surprisingly well as long as I only pushed 2 cams max.

Was able to check on the old cat for the wife, watched the kids finish off my wine in real time ( yes they're old enough, and I told them there better a new box when I get back via imessg ),and able to just keep an eye on the home when the kids weren't there. 

(( of course, even sent them pics with the evidence to bust chops; was lucky to been using the ipad to read at the time they walked in and got an alert ))

In all, was impressed it worked via the sat link ( that wouldn't allow facetime to function ).

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Was wondering where you'd wandered off to...  😛

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation