Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sound / Speaker

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Zeiram
Follower
Follower

Hi!

I looking for a IP camera that can be used with an speaker or with sound output. Is there any plans to include such feature in arlo? There is any alternatives or add an additional non arlo camera than can be linked to this monitoring system?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

Considering the cameras do not have a built in mic, or any way to attach one... I don't think so.

Jkelly1756
Initiate
Initiate
I really want sound and it would help your business so much. Please come out with a camera with sound asap!!!!!!!!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jkelly1756,

Welcome to the community! That is a great idea and something that a few people have suggested on the Arlo Idea Exchange. There are already a couple threads about audio such as this one: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Adding-Audio-to-the-Arlo-Smart-Home-Security-Sys...

I encourage you to post your specific idea or kudo the existing ones to further support why it is important for the product to have this feature!

Thank you for your contribution!

JamesC

ziggetty
Aspirant
Aspirant

why sound is important ?? well .. eh, how long ago did the movie industrie started with 'silent movies' and how did that evolve....

i was even surprised to read in a review it did not support sound.

arlo could be used to supervise elderly people with alzheimer, so they can longer live in their own house. what is the use of a silent mocieclip when i see my parents in their own house and a stranger visiting. next day they forgot that there even was a visit and they certainly do not know what was said.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation