Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rechargeable Batteries for Arlo - Australia

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wstrebor
Follower
Follower

Hello - 

Does anyone know where I can purchase rechargeable batteries and a charger for my Arlo Camera, online, in Australia?

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

W.Strebor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The main places for rechargeable 123/16340 batteries would prob be through an online store OR a local sports type store that sells higher-end flashlights that use the similar type batteries.

Just be carful of a few tips;  

1) the cells should be of a li-ion 3.7v cell with the proper charger ( highest mahr rating you can find but be aware NONE are over 750mahr, so pick a known/quality company )

2) make sure they have a PCB ( protection for over/under charging ) There has been one failure of an unprotected battery that  damaged the cam with possiblity of fire hazard.

3) make sure they fit... there are variables in these cells allowable in manf that may make them hard to fit in the camera.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation