Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rechargeable Batteries. Totally confused.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Red15Baron
Apprentice
Apprentice

Having read all the comments on rechargeable batteries for the Arlo, I'm totally confused. It seems to me that there isn’t a definitive answer to the question, “Which rechargeable battery is the best for the arlo”. So am I to assume that the real answer is to step up and pay the high price for NON-chargeable batteries? Or can I have a quick survey to see which brand of battery has been the most reliable over a period of time. I just want the brand name, not a long discussion about voltage and mahr, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Right now, the winners are TangsFire 1000mAH and EagleTac 750mAH 16340 batteries.  Either should give you reasonable run time at about the same price.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Agreed, I think the Eagletec beat out the other brand by 5 days... not really any difference as there are a few variables that could make the difference.

But if price is close, I'd go with the Eagletecs ( only because they give a realistic rating to their batteries and are protected )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Red15Baron
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also have another couple of questions. 1. Regarding the "Tangsfire" batteries, what is the difference between the green and white cased battery? 2. Can you recommend the best charger for the batteries?

Thanks, I appreciate all comments.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The green ones I see are 900mAH while the white is 1000mAH.  There's also a white with PCB protection but you'd need to check dimensions to see if they would fit the camera.  The white 1000mAH ones are known to fit.

I went with the user-recommended charger - Nitecore D4 smart charger:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L10CO7U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Are these sold in local retail stores like Costco, Fry's Electronics, etc. too?

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

ant wrote:

Are these sold in local retail stores like Costco, Fry's Electronics, etc. too?

Well at least at my local Costco and Fry's Electronics, I have not seen it sold there.

-Robert
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

Red15Baron
Apprentice
Apprentice

A word of caution when purchasing “TangsFire” batteries. I bought a set of four “TangsFire” batteries thinking I had purchased number 16340 (White case). However, I actually bought “TangsFire” 18350 (White case). They looked to be the same on the website, but the diameter is slightly larger and won’t fit in the camera.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation