Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No audio?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jtucson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just got a basic 4 cam/base station system. I'm assuming there is no 2 way audio with these as I can't get that to work and everything else was so easy to set up. My question is, can I buy a 5th camera like an Arlo Q or Q plus camera with 2way voice that will work wirelessly with my existing base station?
2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jtucson wrote:
Just got a basic 4 cam/base station system. I'm assuming there is no 2 way audio with these as I can't get that to work and everything else was so easy to set up. My question is, can I buy a 5th camera like an Arlo Q or Q plus camera with 2way voice that will work wirelessly with my existing base station?

Yes, the Arlo cameras DO NOT have audio.... But the Q camera does 2way.

Yes, you can add on the 5th camera as a Q. The Q camera will show up in your app/program like the others , BUT, it can't be armed or scheduled as a set of 5.

You would arm the regular Arlo cams and then arm/schedule the Q separately.

I find this works well for me as I leave the Q always armed and run the Arlo cams by need.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Tropring
Aspirant
Aspirant
I thought I would have audio and acces to the cloud with this camera which cost more than 250 CHF in Switzerland. This camera is really too expensive for what it offers. I will inform the community!
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation