Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo App: A Quick Guide to New Features

Discussion stats
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Read on New features with latest software;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/New-Arlo-App-A-Quick-Guide-to-New-Features/ta-p...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
36 REPLIES 36
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have to wonder how many similar complaints would have been seen had the versions been released in reversed order.  I'd wager about the same...

4metoo
Guide
Guide

If this version was the original I would definately not have purchased this system.  This app only makes every action a pain in the butt.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you mean to say you checked the app out before purchasing so you knew what the interface was like?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

bump

buckorange
Star
Star

Does anyone know if I hit the start button on the base station new Arlo App, if it will restart and pickup the two cameras that are currently off line. I have four cameras two are on line and two went off line for some reason. I'm in a remote location away, so I can't physically push the base station button, and I don't want to lose the two existing cameras that are operational by selecting the app start via computer application.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

buckorange wrote:

Does anyone know if I hit the start button on the base station new Arlo App, if it will restart and pickup the two cameras that are currently off line. I have four cameras two are on line and two went off line for some reason. I'm in a remote location away, so I can't physically push the base station button, and I don't want to lose the two existing cameras that are operational by selecting the app start via computer application.

It should reboot the base AND then MAYBE restart the cameras, but there's no guarantee without knowing what caused the two cameras to go down.

Under your situ, I'd prob not try it and take a chance to lose the other two.

It may not help right now, but for remote locations, I recommend a small UPS.  Sometimes when the base goes out due to power drop-out, not all the cameras come back. They need to be reset.  The UPS keeps the base running so the base stays in contact with cameras... when power comes back, most routers reboot normally and all should be fine.

buckorange
Star
Star

TomMac wrote:

buckorange wrote:

It should reboot the base AND then MAYBE restart the cameras, but there's no guarantee without knowing what caused the two cameras to go down.

It may not help right now, but for remote locations, I recommend a small UPS.  Sometimes when the base goes out due to power drop-out, not all the cameras come back. They need to be reset.  The UPS keeps the base running so the base stays in contact with cameras... when power comes back, most routers reboot normally and all should be fine.

TomMac wrote:

buckorange wrote:

I haven't selected the start app, was afraid I lose the other two cameras. I'm snowbirding down south for the next three months. I never had any issues with the cameras dropping out since I've owned the system. Even when losing power. I'm blaming it on the new app system. Having trouble scheduling with the new system too. Won't let me start at 3pm and stop at 8am for some reason.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no way the app would cause the problem.  The new firmware would be more likely.  Doesn't help you either way. Can a neighbor get into the house and try a power cycle?

As for scheduling, the new format is basically like the old.  You can't "wrap around" through midnight.  You start a mode at midnight and stop at 8AM and then add a mode, even the same one, to start at 3PM and have it go to midnight.

Huevosgigantes1
Star
Star

According to the arlo tech support group- what was originally 1 gb of free storage has now be changed to unlimited storage; however, those with basic service, will lose the recording agter one week.

Therefore, one must download the recording. 

I was successful using both my IBM compatible PC having windows 10, as well as, my Fire tablet.

I was unsuccessful using my iphone 4s.

manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

How to make something simple before, to more difficult now, change back to the old system, make allot of people happy.

brianbrownohno
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have downloaded the new upgrades 5 times in 12 hours. This system seems to like it on the store shelves
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

brianbrownohno,

Please provide more information about the issue you are having so we can assist.

What new upgrades are you referring to?

JamesC

Discussion stats