Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Looking for Cottage Monitoring System

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Trenin
Aspirant
Aspirant

My first post, so bear with me.  I am not sure if this is the right place or not.

I have a cottage where there is no internet access, and no cell phone coverage.  Local police are about an hour away.  It has been robbed a couple of times, so our solution is to not keep anything valuable there.  However, it is getting harder to bring things back and forth all the time.

Given the circumstance, I am looking for a system with the following qualities:

• local video storage - no internet access, so I can't use cloud
  • motion activated - I will sometimes not go out to the cottage for a month at a time.  This means that if it is constantly recording it would quickly run out of space.
  • Inconspicuous - Would prefer that the cameras not be easily noticeable
  • Wireless communication - In the event that a camera is found, it would be trivial to follow the cabling back to the recording unit and destroy it.  However, if it communicates wirelessly, then this is more difficult
  • Must restart in the event of power failure - cottage has "spotty" electrical service.  It is inevitable that the power will go out.  I don't need it to work with the power out, but I do need it to restart on its own when the power comes back on.
  • Easy way to check videos/delete without accessing storage - I may want to hide the storage device within the wall or something which would make it difficult to pull out and check.  
  • Powered cameras - Like I said, I will be away for up to a month, so having them on battery power won't be ideal unless the batteries last longer than that.

I've looked at the Vacation packages and they focus on completely wireless, cloud storage, so I am not sure that is a good fit.  If you know of a product that meets this profile, I would be very interested. 

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Trenin,

The Arlo minimum requirements are as follows: What are the minimum requirements for installing and using my Arlo system?

While Arlo meets most of the requirements you mention, without a working internet connection the Arlo system will not function.

I hope this helps.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Trenin,

The Arlo minimum requirements are as follows: What are the minimum requirements for installing and using my Arlo system?

While Arlo meets most of the requirements you mention, without a working internet connection the Arlo system will not function.

I hope this helps.

JamesC

Trenin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!  I didn't see any products without an internet connection so assumed this might be the case.  Thanks for the confirmation!

I will keep looking elsewhere.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation