Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Limited support for free 7 days plan

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
tomaska
Follower
Follower

Dear representor of ARLO,

Before buying arlo cameras system (3330) I have read info that free 7 days plan has unlimited support, but during installation it was written "limited 3 months support". Why it's so and what does it mean? Will my cameras be functional after 3 months period expires in free "7 days" plan manner?

Thank You for the answer

Tomas

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Some of the info you see has not been updated yet... there was just a major update on the sw

As to the original statement it referes to assistance on the phone for tech support, not that the system shuts down after 3 months.

Tech support for basic was 3 months, now it may be unlimited ( but this is not conrfirmed )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
policeacademy96
Initiate
Initiate

Dear representator of arlo  

I want ask what does its mean "limmited 3 months support" beacause when i buy netgear arlo, in basic plan i read "unlimited support". Until now  2 months I have use netgear arlo wire free, i need explain what happen after 3 months. thx

Chiefchilds
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What you're wondering about is tech support, not whether you'll have to start paying for video storage. The basic plan gives you 7 days of storage with no space restrictions for free. The 3 month thing would help you get set up, etc.

tshrimp
Star
Star

But the information states "unlimited support". I would not think the word support would mean free cloud storage for life (although I assume this is the case). We already know the storage is not unlimited, so could not mean that either. When we see the word support I think most people think that if they have an issue the company will "support" them.

Because of Arlo I am done with Netgear, so really do not care if they support me for life, or never at this point. Most of my networking gear is from them. The removal of features that came with the Arlo system when I bought it is unacceptable. No low batter notifications = I will not purchase another Netgear product until they add this back. I just wish I was still in the return period. I needed to look at some activity on my front porch the other day and found my batteries had been dead for 3 days. I emailed them, and they validated no more low battery notifications. It had been removed on the latest update. Thanks Netgear for helping me to miss activity I really wanted to see from my UPS driver. These type of decisions by a company is why we switch.

I have been going back to my 5 star reviews and changing them to a one star. That is one thing I like about the web, if a company does you wrong you can pass that along and let others then decide if they want to purchase.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There seems to be some confusion with cloud storage limitation and support.

The Basic subscription plan offers 7 days worth of cloud storage at no cost. When a piece of content becomes older than 7 days it will automatically be deleted. If you want content to remain on the cloud for longer periods of time, you must subscribe to either the premier (30 days) or elite (60 days) plans. The limited support blurb is referring to tech support. Your Arlo system will continue to function on the Basic Plan without requiring any additional fees. For more information on subscriptions take a look at this article: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud storage is available?

tshrimp,

The low battery notification feature was not removed with the update. It is now enabled by default and we are investigating an issue with the e-mail notifications being sent. We hope to have a resolution soon and will provide an update when available.

JamesC

CHRISTIANJ0HN
Aspirant
Aspirant
So let me get this straight I can only get tech support for 3 months and if my product happens to develop a fault after 3 months and I need technical support to help resolve the issue then I won't get help is that correct yes or no
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No.  You have a 1 year warranty. I had a camera go bad after several months that was replaced after working with support.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation