Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does ARLO have a rechargeable battery system?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
rlocatel
Follower
Follower

Does ARLO have a rechargeable battery system? If not, will rechargeable battery replacements work in the system? The current batteries are expensive to replace and the life span is short. Also, climbing on the roof is becoming a problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along withBATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along withBATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

rlocatel wrote:

Does ARLO have a rechargeable battery system? If not, will rechargeable battery replacements work in the system? The current batteries are expensive to replace and the life span is short. Also, climbing on the roof is becoming a problem.

No they don't... netgear once supported rechargeables but now advise against them.

But they do work for some conditions. In testing the OEM primary cells last longer in spec use while the rechargeables will last longer ( in recorded mins total ) with very heavy use.

Down side is even with normal use and the best rechargeables, about the best time you'll get is 60+ days use. ( so climbing will be more often )

The plus side is the rechargeable will last 300+ charge cycles and save money in long run.

Read the threads as to the cells as some are to large to fit

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
gaheyrman34
Star
Star

I have four cameras, which are very active. I used some of the LITHIUM non-rechargeable batteries that I had on hand. But when considering buying more regular, I decided to purchase a NITCORE charger and 16 batteries, yes, a bite expensive but I can recharger these batteries 500 times each. I have been charting how long each last, so far they last 1 mth Lithium, 2 mth NITCORE. I also purchase a charger and 16 AA batteries for my trail cam which uses 8 AA at a time. I really like my camera, I know what is happening around our house at night. We have 3 acres of woods, and the camera in the woods picked up 4 deer, 2 raccoons, possum, fox, rabbit, local cats, 2 coyotes, 1 coyote with a broken left front leg. Last fall we had an 8 & 10 point bucks, I saw the knobs on a buck recently.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As you've seen , in heavy use the rechargeables with out record ( time wise ) the OEM primary lithium cells....

But the OEMs do last up to 7 months of some of my low use cams used just for security, no viewing really.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation