Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't pay for subscription

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JulianNott
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is SO simple. I want to give Netgrear / Arlo a credit card number for a subscription.  You would think they would like money ?  BUT NO.  The Base Station is in a different time zone so my credit card gets rejected.  The base station is far away.  Ain't that the idea of internet cameras?  So I cannot physically reset the time zone and it gets it from the local netework.  So I can't pay.

I have been asking for help for a full week with zero results. Case # 27210254.

Is support usually this unhelpful?  THNAKS

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JulianNott,

Thank you for the case number, I will review your case and reach out to you in a private message.

JamesC

JulianNott
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, thank you for your reply, but it is just boilerplate and does not help in the least.  I am in the  USA and want to pay for a subscription in the USA.

unclebfreeto4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm Come from Hong Kong, and also can't pay via online payment system, what can I do?

JulianNott
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo camera hardwar is great.  EVERYTHING ELSE IS AS TOTALLY AWFUL.  Can't pay in any way.  ZERO response to question.  I would never have bought if i had known

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JulianNott,

I responded to your inquiry via private message. After having reviewed your case it appears your account was registered in a country where subscription plans are not supported. This is why your account does not have subscription availability.

unclebfreeto4,

Subscription plans are available in Hong Kong, are you receiving an error message when trying to submit payment?

JamesC

JulianNott
Aspirant
Aspirant

YOU JUST KEEP SENDING THE SAM BOILERPLATE REPLY.

WHY CAN'T I PAY SOME OTHER WAY?

PLEASE READ THE THREAD THEN PHONE ME

unclebfreeto4
Aspirant
Aspirant
James ,

After 2 days Try and 20 times Error ,I paid the money via mastercard success .

Thans for your reply.
JulianNott
Aspirant
Aspirant

THIS IS INFURIATING AND NETGEAR JUST DON'T GIVE A DAMN

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JulianNott,

Subscription plans are not available in all countries. It appears that your base station was registered in Brazil (BR) which does not support subscription plans.

Because the base station was registered in Brazil, as per the agents instructions in your case notes, a factory reset must be done and registration must take place in a country that supports subscription plans.

Please follow the instructions given by agent Kathy in your support case. I encourage you to continue working with the support team if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding your case.

JamesC

JulianNott
Aspirant
Aspirant

ARLOS SUPPORT IT TOTALLY INCOMPETEENCE.  THEY JUST PAROT THIS REPLY - THEY DO NOT EVEN READ THE NOTES - THEY HAVE NOT LIFTED A FINGER TO HELP.  THEY ARE STUPID.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The information is out there, in both this (and other) post as well as the FAQ you were pointed to. Your failure to read and/or understand is hardly a Netgear issue.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation