Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera swap between base stations

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Christefan
Follower
Follower
Can I use the cameras from my second starter kit and connect them to my first base station?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes the Arlo cameras from another system ( mentioned in another thread ) can sync with a different base station.

Remember the cameras can only be sync'ed to one base at a time and there is a limit on total number of cameras based on your service plan.

Follow the normal sync procedure for the cameras and you should be good to go.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes the Arlo cameras from another system ( mentioned in another thread ) can sync with a different base station.

Remember the cameras can only be sync'ed to one base at a time and there is a limit on total number of cameras based on your service plan.

Follow the normal sync procedure for the cameras and you should be good to go.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

My client already bought the 2/two cameras + 1/one base station from a local Fry's Electronics store yesterday for $350 and a free $25 gift card. He wants to add more cameras. Adding one/1 new camera costs almost $160 in his account!

http://arlo.com/en-us/products/kit/ says almost $450 for VMS3430: 4/four cameras and with a secure outdoor camera mount from most of the local Best Buy stores.

What's up with that? Can we buy VMS3430 and add to the original installation since it is a much better deal?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can sync up to  5 cameras on Basic , 10 on Premier service , 3 base stations ( for added range ) and 15 cameras on Elite service.

There is no problem sync'ing extra cameras with your current base with the right service level.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

TomMac wrote:

You can sync up to  5 cameras on Basic , 10 on Premier service , 3 base stations ( for added range ) and 15 cameras on Elite service.

There is no problem sync'ing extra cameras with your current base with the right service level.

Thanks. 🙂 So, why is each camera so expensive to add?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation