Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

ARLO was Duplicate Billed on Credit Card. Cannot find a billing Department to correct

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Happy48
Initiate
Initiate

I would like to know who to contact to correct a duplicate billing error on my credit card on the ARLO system I bought. I received a special offer directly from netgear emarketing as an existing vuezone customer and purchased ARLO. My credit card shows 2 charges of the same amount on the same day the order was processed (Charges were from Vuezone.Com). I have called and all I can contact are technical support people who have no information about billing and how to correct the problem. Is there no number of the billing department? I sent an email however if I do not hear back shortly I will have to dispute the charges with the credit card company.

ARLO is working great and was easy to install with very user friendly menu options.  It would be unfortunate to tarnish such a positive product experience with such a duplicate billing problem.   

Does anyone know who I could contact or get this resolved promptly.

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy48,

Welcome to the community! I will reach out to you via private message in order to resolve this issue!

Thank you!

JamesC

sherrilynnc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, duplicaed billed for Arlo upgrade from VueZone. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sherrilynnc,

Welcome to the community! I see that you already have a case open with support about this issue. Please continue working with support to find a resolution. If you have any additional questions concerning this issue please ask!

Thank you!

JamesC

Spark1420
Initiate
Initiate

I have a similar problem and spent the last 3 hours trying to resolve it...without success. In August I changed my Vuezone subscription from monthly Elite to monthly Premier. My credit card was incorrectly charged in August 22 times...yes 22...for the cancelled Elite subscription and once correctly for thePremier subscription. In September...my credit card has...so far...been charged twice for the monthly Premier subscription. Technical support have been willing listeners...when you can eventualy get hold of them...but totally unable to help with billing question. Either by chat line or phone. Can anybody suggest who to contact for billing errors...all 23 of them?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Spark1420,

Welcome to the community. I will reach out to you in a private message in regard to this issue.

Thank you!

JamesC 

michlb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly the same problem here. I was charged 31 times (!!!!). I have created a support message #26141655 three days ago, and heard nothing from Netgear so far. The support case for which I have an email confirmation does not even show up on my list of submitted issues. I can't believe how bad Netgear support is. I will need to call the credit card company to block the charge

Spark1420
Initiate
Initiate

James C who monitors the forum on behalf of Netgear helped fix it for me...hopefully he can do the same for you. I also disputed the charges directly with my credit card company and placed a block on future charges. I now pay manually using a different card. Billing suggested that it was probably because my card was expired...which it was not...and agreed to credit the overcharges...as a courtesy...no apology or acknowledgement of fault. It was eventually resolved.

it's a shame...Netgear have a good product...now they need to find more people who actually care about the customer...like James C appears to do. Good Luck.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

michlb,

I have escalated your billing concern to the customer care team. They will be reaching out to you as soon as possible to resolve this issue. If you have any additional questions please send me a private message and I would be happy to assist further.

JamesC

michlb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a suspicion - I think the credit card that I originally used in 2012 to sign up for Elite Vuezone had expired at some point too. I don't recall if I was ever charged for the Elite service, but I was also never sent a reminder to update my card. The service worked reasonably well (except during the long outages), so I had no reason to worry. I thought that they actually waived the Elite fee for some reason. I even remember an Arlo introduction email from a Netgear executive acknowledging that they never charged Elite fees. But then, when I entered my credit card information for Arlo Elite, I suspect that the credit card processor on Vuezone uses the same database, and somehow earlier processing requests were queued up and released. That may explain why many of us where charged repeatedly, just the number is not the same. In my case, it's 31, so roughly 2 1/2 years since beginning of 2013 when I signed up for Elite Vuezone.

Either way, no reason to charge us now, even if we never paid for the service. I don't expect an apology, but they can't suddenly charge us when there have been no charges all along, and no reminder that credit cards were expired. Either way, not a good way to introduce us to Arlo. We were the very early adopters of Vuezone, and it's bad enough that we had to endure such long outages in the past, but at the same time took Netgear a very long time to offer somewhat of a discount to move away from a technology that essentially seems dead. And I feel I even got screwed up the discount, where the intro mail offered "up to 60%", but when I did my order, I actually only got $200 off the $499 for a 4 camera Arlo system. And I even bought two of them!

But as Spark1420 has said: It's a good product, but now Netgear has to seriously shape up when it comes to customer service.

paulg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem.  I was double billed.  Netgear really needs to have contact information on the web site for billing.  Expecting customers to open a ticket and wait for a reply is unreasonable.  It takes several contacts this way to get the issue resolved - its disrespectful of our time.

michlb
Aspirant
Aspirant

My problem was resolved. Yes, there is no phone support prompt for "billiing". Don't waste time calling into technical support. I waited for days to get an answer, but once I found this thread and posted my concerns, I got a callback pretty quickly. In fairness to Netgear, the problem is indeed related to expired credit cards. So, technically, you probably never paid for the service because there was an expired credit card on your profile but also didn't get a billing reminder. Once you update to Arlo, and enter an updated credit card, they retroactively charge you, but were kind enough to refund. 

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation