will not send emails after replacing batteries with transformers

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
agsawatzky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got tired of replacing batteries so I soldered wires to the battery terminals in the cameras and connected them to 12 volt transformers. Since then the cameras are working fine but the infra red lights are always on and they will not send email notifications. The settings all look good and appear as nothing has changed. I have not tried converting back to batteries yet. The battery indicators show that there is about 50% battery power and as I stated earlier I can see with my cell phone or computer that they're working but they will not sense motion or send notifications. Has anyone tried this with success or will this simply not work?

4 REPLIES 4
manfredz
Hero
Hero

since the batteries work in 2 batteries parallel, isnt 12 V a little high?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

These cameras use the batteries in series-parallel.  They will run off the rear and then the front and then the rear, etc. sets to even out depletion. Thus, they actually run off ~6v, not 12. The reason for 50% display is that you didn't connect the front and back connections so it's like running the camera off 2 batteries, not 4.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned... you got the voltage wrong AND how the batteries operate.

It runs 2 sets in parallel so in effect 6.2v or if rechargeable up to 8.4v

So first you need a supply that is in that range with about 1a+ of current  ( if the wire run is long use 9v due to droppage BUT make sure it is a regulated supply ) 7-8v is perfect if you can find it or 9v with dropping diodes in series ( silicon diode in series drop aprox .6 to .7 volts per )

Second the cameras 2use the 2 sets back and forth as they drain to maximize life ...if hardwire is done the 4 terminal must be use in the curcuit

As a last item, the warranty is gone at this point   🙂 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
agsawatzky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok right. Makes perfect sense. I will try this. Thanks very much guys!