Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

why have usb ports that do sfa , and where is my free camera?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
nothappyfred
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought this item on ebay after viewing it, noticing the USB ports on the back of the item, assuming I could have local storage.
So today I decided now that I had some spare time, I plugged a usb device into it, it lights up, it won't see it, it lights up, it must be ok right??and after trying to find out why I couldn't get it to work, I  discover that... nooo, you have to buy a more expensive system to achieve this...
I am asking, WHERE DOES IT TELL YOU THAT YOU CANNOT HAVE LOCAL STORAGE when you are looking at it, ANYWHERE on line, or in any advertising?????????
Answer in short...---nowhere, I would NEVER have wasted $800 on this system had I have known that...
HOW DO I GET A REFUND?????
NOT HAPPY !!!!!
AND , check it, AND....I decided to buy this sytem as well as thinking it had local storage and cloud storage, it also had a free camera by redemption from netgear...
HELLO?.. still haven't received it a month and a hlaf later, nor had any response from the email asking why I hadn't...
I mean really?
how second rate

6 REPLIES 6
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Haven't you got it backwards?  Nowhere has Netgear said that the Arlo (basic) has local storage.  To assume that something is a feature unless Netgear soecifically says it is not the case is a very bad way to approach a product.

nothappyfred
Aspirant
Aspirant

Paying TOP DOLLAR for a security system , more than twice the price of a Swann system that has a hard drive, and visually seeing USB ports ion the device.....????
One would realy expect that the system would at the very least allow you touse these USB ports for a f;lash drive, as stated in my question...
WHY put them there????
My internet goes down all the time, as I am in a remote area, 
THIS IS COMPLETE CRAP
pfff, this must be about the only security system in existance that you cannot save the footage on...
what a complete joke, and you have the hide to defend it??

what a joke in your comment

nothappyfred
Aspirant
Aspirant

it's an art iof deception and misrepresentastion through ommision of system ability, (it would only take, oh say.. DOES NOT STORE FOOTAGE LOCALLY) on the product, so that pensioners like me do not get duoed into buying a system that they cannot afford, but need for protection in the ever increasing dangerous world, only to find, that I have no genuine actual reliable security, as it is dependant both on my power being on, aas you can't save any footage without it, AND, the inernet being a constant, which mine is scetchy at best...
 It is obviosly done to get the purchaser to cough up more money for increased storage, and or, sorry, the system you need is the more expensive one, bad luck...
I repeat 
NOT HAPPY

nothappyfred
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually, time for a call to the telecommunications ombudsman tomorrow, and see where I stand..
Very deceptive selling tactics 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's at least partly your fault for 1) not researching sufficiently (I've been guilty of this, too) and 2) buying from eBay and not an authorized reseller.

While I was disappointed in never having access to the USB ports on the original base, I also realized that it was never stated as useable.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry for the trouble, but your first sentence says it all.

You may be able to return thru Ebay as they do have some sort of return policy on many items

nothappyfred wrote:

I bought this item on ebay after viewing it, noticing the USB ports on the back of the item, assuming I could have local storage.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------