Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

warranty red tint camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
manoble
Follower
Follower

Hi all,

So, I have just bought two wire free cameras (three weeks ago) and one of them has the red tint problem.  I have tried all the suggested solutions but still the red tint.

I have recieved an e-mail from customer support allowing me to swap the camera for a new one but I must pay for the shipping to return the defective.  I find this completely absurd since there seems to be quite a few defective cameras.  I feel this should be a free swap especially for such a short period of usage!

I purchased my units at Costco and as a very loyal and frquent user of Costo I am certain they will refund my money and I am tempted to do just that with the hopes that many users that have purchased through Costco do the same.  I feel that Costco will most certainly at that time take up the issue with Arlo.

I feel that Arlo is showing a very poor choice in requesting the customer pay for a return shipping with regards to what is one step from what a car dealer would classify as a "recall" issue.

Please advise on a more customer centric solution.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swapping the system at Costco would be the fastest thing to do.  I agree that the standard procedure should include free return shipping but that's not up to us.  It's a pain but you're without a properly working camera unless you do it.

MomLady
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am having the red tint problem with a brand new camera - failed after less than 12 hours out of the box.  Customer Support has been fairly prompt in replacing the camera, but have replaced it with what appears to be a "reconditioned" camera, not brand new.  Since I paid $159 for a brand new camera, that's what I expected the faulty camera to be replaced with.  I've complained to CS but no reply yet.  In any case, the replacement camera has been working properly for 3 days now.  When I return the faulty one, I plan to pay no more than the standard $6.85 charge for USPS Priority Mail.  Although maddening, at least it won't break me.