Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

vmb3000 changed recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cutlass
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm really annoyed with Netgear. When I bought my system back in May 2016, the subscription came with a 30 library of recordings. It has been slashed to only 7 days. No consultation, not even an email to say they were changing the T&C's. How do others, who bought on the understanding that they would have the 30 day package feel? Personally, I feel as if Netgear have deliberately duped people to get a user base.

I buy and install computer networks, guess whose equipment I'll not be buying from now on!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry but I've owned Arlo ( and before Vuezone ) since the beginning... TMK, it was never a free 30 days.

you had to pick Basic ( free , 7 days ) , Premier ( $ , 30 days ) and/or Elite ($$, 60 days )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Cutlass
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply but here in Engalnd, Arlo has had a basic package of 30 days free for up to 5 cameras since it was introduced and I have had the 30 day library . I bought my system back in May this year but had been reseaching the options since Christmas 2015 and a big factor in my decision was the 30 day facility. I remain, frankly, disgusted with this change.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cutlass,

TomMac is correct, the free Basic plan has always included 7 days of cloud storage (not 30). The Premier subscription plan includes 30 days cloud storage. There has been no change to either of these plans regarding the allocated time in which content is saved to the cloud. For more information on subscription plans, see here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud storage is available?

JamesC