Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

two-step verification for pc "We don't recognise this device" error and solution

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
JohnEC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.

I have a problem and a solution.

Since turning on two-step verification I can login on my iPhone app, but I wasn't able to login using any web browser. The webpage "We don't recognise this device" would appear for only about 1 or 2 seconds (despite the 30 second countdown) and then immediately change to the "login denied" webpage.

After clearing cache, etc, I stumbled on to the solution.

In the app, go to profile, then login settings, then two-step verification, then "add another method". I added SMS. Once the test SMS is sent and verified, stay on two-step verification and then "edit" on the top right. Choose the SMS number to be primary and then "save". Then when going to the website, you get an SMS instead of nothing, and the login works.

Clearly this is a basic error with the Arlo two-step verification system and pretty disappointing. I'm just glad I found a solution.

Hope it helps,

John

3 REPLIES 3
JohnEC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Additional screenshot

Login denied.pngDon't recognise device.png

dcfox1
Master
Master

You can not make a computer a trusted device just a phone so you need to use the code sent to your phone. Not sure why but that is how Arlo is doing it. 

JohnEC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes thank you.

I was pointing out that the notification feature doesn't work for me, but that changing to primary being SMS, then it does.

John