Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

two of four Arlo wire-free cameras going offline

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mechanics200
Tutor
Tutor

I have four Arlo wire free and two Arlo Q cameras.  The Arlo Q are working fine after some issues setting up.  I have had this for about two weeks and the wire free have had issues.  First two of my wire free had pink views.  These are being replaced with two new ones on route to me.  The two I have now keep going off line after syncing.  These two had been working fine.  I have used chat and mostly useless for the info I reeived.  I have set my wifi channel to the least used.  The Netgear base is about 5 ft from my router.  Nothing has changed in the setup.  Looks like the base is the problem.  Any additional ideas?  So far a big waste of money and time.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How far away from the base are the cameras and through what obstacles (straight line) does the signal have to pass through? Mirrors, ductwork, home consruction, etc. can cause the cameras to drop the connection. Have you switched the locations to see if it's the cameras or the locations?

mechanics200
Tutor
Tutor

One camera is 20 feet away with one wall between ity and Netgear base.  Other camera is 30 feet away with two walls between. Third camera is usually 40 feet away with one wall between.  The third camera had red tint is is in process of being returned.  When they were on line there were full bars for signal strength.  The Q cameera on y WiFi on the porch about 35 feet from my wifi router has full bars.  The wire free cameras were working fine for a boout a week then the red tint started and now not connecting to the base.  Poor design someplace.  I have 60 for a download speed and no problems with my system.  Spent too much for a poor performing camera system.  Support was helpful for returning the red tint units but of no real help here.  Only boiler plate response.