Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

re: rolling cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
wiLLieDog70
Follower
Follower

cameras continuously running every second with no outside motion. keeps taking pictures. I shut off base several times, turn on to reboot cameras and the same thing happens. I have to keep deleting pictures from my phone and laptop email. At my wits end. What to do next.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

wiLLieDog70 wrote:

cameras continuously running every second with no outside motion. keeps taking pictures. I shut off base several times, turn on to reboot cameras and the same thing happens. I have to keep deleting pictures from my phone and laptop email. At my wits end. What to do next.

There should be NO motion detects if the motion isn't turned on

First, log in if you can from a PC( phone will work also but sometimes PC is easier ) Use the MODE called TURN OFF ALL MOTION DETECT ( or what you renamed it ) and toggle it to turn off motion

Then, ... go to the CAMERAS ( showing camera screens ) ... check and see if the "running man" on the cameras are GREEN ( they should be GRAY now ).

IF the running man is GREEN on any of the cameras, then the MODES/RULES are not set correctly ( as motion is still turned on )

Once you get the motion detect turn off so the alerts stop, you will prob want to edit your RULES for each camera in case the sensitivity is set to high ( outdoor camera )... this is adjusted by the slider in the RULE for the camera under " more/less videos" , about 65% may be a good start.

As an outdoor camera, it is best to be angled down a bit, aimed at the target not more than 20 ft away, try to get the target crossing the field of view over directly into/away from camera...that plus the sensitivity turn down will stop many false trigger/alerts.

let us know what happens.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------