Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"unable to claim this device" on set up

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Andrew1965
Follower
Follower

Hello everyone,

We bought a second hand "Arlo Base Station" with 3x cameras, but reset the button multiple times. All connected and a message comes up saying "unable to claim this device". Which obviously means that the people that had it before is still registered... I presume. Can someone help me. I would need contact details for NETGEAR.

Kind regards

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you can contact the previous owner, have them remove all devices from their account in Settings, My Devices.

Otherwsie, you need to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to have support work through allowing you access.

XIN54
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a second hand Netgear Arlo with two cameras. I successfully made it all the way through registration but I received the message "we are unable to claim this device". I do not have contact with the previous owners. How do I proceed to get this to work? How do I contact Netgear?

manfredz
Hero
Hero

At the bottom of every forum page is a Contact Support button.  Follow it through and you'll find the various ways to contact support.  When this happened to me, I bought a refurbished system from Best Buy, they asked me to email copy of bill of sale and then reset the system.