Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
BTG
Tutor
Tutor

I've done the controller reboot. The other cameras updated the firmware, but the same one seems to be stuborn?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@BTG@SuzyQueue,

If you have power cycled your base stations and that did not fix the problem, remove the batteries from the affected cameras for a few seconds the reinsert them. This will cause the cameras to reboot. You may have to resync the cameras one at a time and then you might have to try to upgrade the firmware again.

Brian

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SuzyQueue
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem, and can't find an answer in the Arlo support.

brh
Master
Master

@BTG@SuzyQueue,

If you have power cycled your base stations and that did not fix the problem, remove the batteries from the affected cameras for a few seconds the reinsert them. This will cause the cameras to reboot. You may have to resync the cameras one at a time and then you might have to try to upgrade the firmware again.

Brian

SuzyQueue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much, Brian! That worked perfectly and I didn't even have to re-sync my camera. I really appreciate your assistance.

Sue

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I had this problem and had to do it about ten times for each original Arlo camera connected to their original base station.  😞

Tytn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tytn
Aspirant
Aspirant
It says do not remove battery
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it's been over, say, 30 minutes, opening and closing the battery door won't hurt anything since the update failed anyways.