Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
stouf8
Tutor
Tutor

The base station is properly connected and displaying all 3 LEDs (Power, Internet, Cameras) as green.

But ... On both my MAC (using Chrome browser) and iPhone 6s, I cannot see the video stream. It states: "You Arlo device appears offline. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to the Internet".

The whole system worked flawlessly up until a few days ago.

The iOS app version is 2.0.3. (update done a few weeks back and worked fine). My system uses a Netgear router, type ProSAFE GS108.

I have tried to reboot the whole lot to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That reset button on the back is not the same thing as the power switch which is right next to it. If a power cycle via the power switch doesn't help, then removing all devices in Settings and using the actual reset button till the front LEDs flash amber may be the trick. If you do this, make notes of your settings and modes/rules/schedule to help rebuild to where you left off.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you have to get the cameras and open/close the battery door.... If still NG and it doesn't auto resync, then try new batteries and then resync.

BTW, the cam front led will flash orange if batteries are low ( right side looking at cam )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
stouf8
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the suggestion.

On hindsight, it seems I lost connection with all 3 cameras after I changed the batteries on one of the cameras.

I tried opening the battery door and did a resync of the cameras as you suggested. I get the fast blinking blue LED which seems to indicate it is synced properly. But the problem persists... "Your device appears off line", with 3 green LED on the base station.

Any other hints?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try both the app as well as a browser to see if the same behavior happens?

stouf8
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I tried on the Chrome browser, on an iPhone 6s and on a Samsung/ Android phone. All show the same 😞

I was thinking of doing two things;

(1) Use the reset button at the back of the base station (which might be the same as a power cycle)

(2) Remove all my devices using the browser UI and re-install the whole lot

But before I do that I wanted to check whether there was not something much simpler.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That reset button on the back is not the same thing as the power switch which is right next to it. If a power cycle via the power switch doesn't help, then removing all devices in Settings and using the actual reset button till the front LEDs flash amber may be the trick. If you do this, make notes of your settings and modes/rules/schedule to help rebuild to where you left off.

Cathypain
Initiate
Initiate
I'm having the same problem. Camera will not sync with the base no matter what I do. Worked fine for 2 weeks then started saying it was off line. The system is not even a month old. What a rip off.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cathypain,

Consider opening and closing the battery compartment door on the camera. Pay close attention to the LED indicator: What do the different LED behaviors on my Arlo Wire-Free camera mean?

It's possible the batteries are depleted and the camera needs a fresh set. Please let me know if you continue experiencing this issue.

JamesC

stouf8
Tutor
Tutor

After trying about everything, it came down to the following steps:

(1) remove all devices (using the browswe UI)

(2) reset the base station (pressing for a few seconds on the reset button till the LEDs flash amber)

(3) resync all the devices (I have three wireless cameras)

I hope this does not happen too often ...