Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Speavy101
Tutor
Tutor

Recently, in the devices tab, the "days ago" timestamp for recent activity has been off by many days. For example, on a paticular camera that had motion activity a day ago shows up as "100d ago". I have checked and the time zone is set correctly. Has anyone else ran into this?

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No bug power cycle the base to see if that helps.
Speavy101
Tutor
Tutor

After doing a power cycle on the base the "days ago" timestamp corrected itself. However, overnight all of the cameras went back to "100 days ago" again. I'm probably going to have to reset every camera and the base as well to fix this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Speavy101,

After clicking live stream on an affected camera does the days counter reset after the stream is ended?

Are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

Speavy101
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, when I click on any of the cameras (all are affected by this) it resets to "just now". Then, after about 24 hours they start showing "100 days ago" and so on. Power cycle on the base has not helped. Strange thing is that when you view recorded clips they have the correct time stamp.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Speavy101,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Speavy101
Tutor
Tutor

Further research into this issue has revealed that this is only occurring with the webpage viewing. I logged in this morning and the "days ago" were the "100 days ago". I then logged off, without going live on any camera. I then opened the Arlo app on my Android phone and after the "getting status" message went away every camera had the correct "days ago" timestamp. I closed the app and logged back into the Arlo webpage and the "days ago" were all correct. Strange....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For the browser, you can also just try to refresh the page and/or clear the cache.  The fact that the app somehow updated the display IS weird, though...

nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

I also have this same problem with days ago being wrong.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nicholshornlake,

After clicking live stream on an affected camera does the days counter reset after the stream is ended?

Are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

After clicking live stream or refreash it does reset, but it doesn't stay that way. In other words tomorrow it might say 68days ago.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nicholshornlake,

Consider rebooting your base station (using the on-off button).

Is there any consistency around when/why you see this issue? Do all cameras show this behavior or is it a specific camera? Does it occur every day?

JamesC

nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

Rebooting helped for a moment, then back to 69 days. I only have one camera running. I got tired of babying these things and installed a Lorex ip system. No problems at all with them. Thanks JamesC.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Could the date on your computer be wrong?

nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

Nope.

nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

Works ok with ie10 but not chrome.