Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

problem connecting to media server

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nidantwo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see history indicating the problem should be solved... back in May 2015.  My system was working great for maybe the last six months since I owned it, but for some reason recently (in the last week or so), I have been getting the error more and more.  Whats up?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not a fix but what Arlo server are you using? Easiest from a computer, open a command or terminal window and type:

ping Arlo.netgear. com

What response do you see? Just looking for the name and IP address. I see ArloProdLB-1815857678.eu-west-1.elb.amazonaws.com at 54.77.176.243 - is that what you get?

Nidantwo
Aspirant
Aspirant

the first part is correct, but the address is 52.16.17.159

Right now it seems to be working ok. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're the second one to post saying the IP address is different but that the DNS name is the same.  That means there's a group of servers that respond to queries based on load balancing so one or two don't take on all queries.  It also means that for a number of us the location of the server farm is the same.  What's not understood is why I don't have issues that others do - something in my setup? The exact route to those servers from your system?  It's all a guess.

Nidantwo
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is what I am afraid...   however, since it seems to be working, and we received the email from netgear indicating they knew of the problem and found a way to resolve, I guess I will assume this is resolved for now until I hit another round of non-connects. 

Thanks for trying and responding.