Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
dxiemackay
Follower
Follower

On my computer the picture is upside down. How can I get it to turn the right way?

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to Settings, Camera Settings. Each camera has an Invert selection available.

Duckyduso1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried you suggestion.  Pictures are still upside down.  I've turned the feature off and back on numerous times.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Duckyduso1,

Welcome to the community! On the web ui if the Invert feature is enabled the slider will show as green, if disabled the slider will show as grey. If you wish for the invert image feature to be turned off be sure that the slider is grey and that the affected camera is right side up and this should result in your images/recordings being right side up. Please let me know if this helps!

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try and turn the flip toggle off and SAVE, then back and SAVE AGAIN... to make sure it gets to the base.

Another idea is if you have used a mobile device along with the PC via browser... make sure to toggle off/save, on/save in the mobile device.

( I remember the ios app acting a bit strange when used with the PC version )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
waltock
Initiate
Initiate

I have a Netgear Arlo by Netgear (model #VMS333OC-100NAS) purchased from Sam's Club. Package includes one antenna and 3 cameras. Everything is working as expected. The set up was simple and straight forward. Instructions were easy to follow. Satisfied, got what I expected.

My issue is one camera displays upside down because I mounted it in an inverted position. My problem is there are no instructions to correct this problem which must be not unusual. 

The forum mentions sliding and toggling and saving but that must be for another product because I don't think I have those features. 

Please send simple COMPREHENSIVE instructions to fix this monor irritant.

Thanks 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The setting is in the Settings tab (use the app menu selection if no tab). Look in My Devices, select the camera and invert at will. Be sure to save.

nuht91
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

So our family bought a 4 camera wireless system and we are currently experiencing a couple of issues. One of them being that my camera view for one camera is upside down. I have read the troubleshooting steps and also some steps that users here have explained in this forum and i cant seem to find an invert camera picture switch. When i go to my settings and click on the tab labeled "my devices" there are no devices that show up in that category. There is another tab called "shared devices" which all of my connected wireless cameras seem to be in right now. In this category of "shared devices" the only option available to me is to turn the camera on or off. There is no invert picture option. Any ideas? I have a feeling the lack of options i have, has something to do with the fact that the "My devices" tab in my settings is somehow the problem in this situation. Help or ideas would be appreciated. It seems i might have to dismount all my cameras and reboot my system and reconnect them might be my only option, but if i am wrong i would love to know.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

This isn't right UNLESS you opted the cameras to be shared with other users...

Normally the invert botton is SETTINGS>MY DEVICES>Camera then the options for that camera

If you are unable to correct this, the best way would really be to start over....

Re-set the base by the the back reset button ( push in for about 10 secs till the front leds flash ), let the Base reboot and the two left leds go green ( power - internet )

Open and close the camera battery door for each camera to reset them... you will have to re-sync them too

Set up again as new, making changes to the record times and sense levels, giving camera names, etc ( save after making changes )

Morse is faster than texting!
ducharmek
Aspirant
Aspirant
It isn't working for me. I've done it multiple times and it won't return to normal. Help
ducharmek
Aspirant
Aspirant
It isn't working for me. I've done it multiple times and it won't return to normal. Help. How do I save the setting? I can't seem to find it and my switch is grey. I've logged out and in multiple times
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The switch is gray until you click it to invert the image.  It then turns green. Be sure you save the setting each time you change it. If it's still stuck, remove the camera while you're on the same page and resync it.

MChristian
Aspirant
Aspirant
So clearly the user interface must be different depending on the device one is using (PC via Firefox, Mac via Safari, droid via app, etc.) and possibly even which user (primary, invited...) Anyone who has found themselves at this online dialogue is capable of changing the settings of a camera, given relevant instructions.

My experience, like so many others, does not align with the instructions posted in this thread. This is probably because I'm using one of the many variants points of entry that have yet to be described. I'm using an iPhone with the Arlo app, logged in as a secondary (invited from the primary account) user. There is no option in following the "settings" interface to rotate the camera.

This seems like such a fundamental request, Arlo would have a comprehensive explanation. As simple as the setup is, Arlo is looking like an amateur with its users wondering how to do what should be patently obvious--not to mention the jaw gaping apparent limitation of rotating to any other angle.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MChristian,

This must be done from the primary account. Shared accounts using the Grant Access feature, do not have access to the invert camera option.

Take a look here for more information on shared account access: What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

JamesC