Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Shawnta42
Aspirant
Aspirant

A couple of day my arlo account on my phone showed my cameras offline after working fine for two years. I rebooted everything like it instructed on the help tab. Now when trying to locate my base again it does not and keeps sending me to the steps of checking the internet connection, the pluging it up, then turning it on and waiting for the green lights. I done that several times and it just sends me back to the steps again. What do I do?

22 REPLIES 22
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Do all 3 LEDs turn green on the base?

Shawnta42
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes all three lights are green
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried both the app and a browser to be sure it's not an issue with just one?  It's possible that a reset may be needed.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is your phone wifi definitely the same network as the base station?

Shawnta42
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it is
Shawnta42
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nothing has changed it's been on the same everything from the first day I installed it.
Shawnta42
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also tried the reset . I've unplugged it and left it off for a couple days as well.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's not a reset - it's a power cycle.  Also, leaving the base unplugged unduly depletes the camera batteries since they will continually try to connect to the base.

To reset, remove all devices from Settings, My Devices.  Use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the cameras as if new.

Shawnta42
Aspirant
Aspirant
That is what I've done and it has not connected back to my base for me to even try to sync my cameras to the base. The base is not syncing at all I've even pushed the reset button on the back of the base to get it to work. The base is not syncing .
Shawnta42
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've also tried it from my laptop since I've never used it to see if it was something going on with my phone and or app.
Hood79
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine did the exact same thing same time as yours. Have you figured anything out?
fly-n-fish
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. It started a few days ago. I've tried resetting base station & cameras. No luck.

Shawnta42
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have not figured out anything it makes no sense it has not been touch moved nor has anything changed from the first time I bought it 2 years ago . I've looked at my feed from my phone every day and all of a sudden it just goes offline and that's it. I called in to customer service the lady said they had computer issues and she would call back and I've heard nothing.
HURT
Aspirant
Aspirant
How,did you get them back,up
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some folks haven't reset properly.  The easy/best way is to remove all devices from Settings, My devices (this is needed even if you use the reset button) and start fresh. Use the Add Devices button to add the base and sync the cameras.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Factory reset procedure
https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-base-station-to-the-default-values

I found mine worked better with turning off the base and holding the reset with a paperclip and turning on the base and waiting for the LED to change before releasing the reset button. See what works for you but definitely reset is more than just a power cycle

Shawnta42
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've done that didn't work
Shawnta42
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will try this I haven't just held the reset button then waited for the lights to come and thanks
Shawnta42
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven't and I've been at it for a week I've removed it from my phone.. reset my whole phone and reinstalled it the whole nine. I'm gonna try what a person suggested below to hold the reset button and keep holding it while the lights turn green.
Marcolinger
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem since 3 days for all my 7 cameras.

Being away from home for one month this is really annoying ! 

No sense to buy this equipment if it stops working.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a browser, too?  If that also has the same problem, you'll likely need to have someone with physical access power cycle the base.

Jandaero
Aspirant
Aspirant

Marcolinger wrote:

I have the same problem since 3 days for all my 7 cameras.

Being away from home for one month this is really annoying ! 

No sense to buy this equipment if it stops working.