Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

one camera suddenly is not recording motion.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SeizetheDay
Tutor
Tutor

Suddenly one camera is not recording any motion.  The little man is pale grey not dark black like the other cameras.  No rules have changed.  I have opened and closed the battery compartment as instructed, nothing changed.  I have reset the base station, all cameras came back on except this one still has no motion detection.  Nothing has changed except suddenly it won't sense motion unless I am 2 feet in front of the stupid thing now.  THe WIFI is good, WHAT is up with this camera?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure if it's possible for a camera to be disarmed (gray running man) if there's a hardware problem but I suppose it's possible.  Check your mode(s) and verify that this camera is still one of the rules.  Try switching modes.  Worst case, try removing the camera in Settings, My Devices and resync it.  As always, ensure the batteries are good - swap with another camera's batteries if necessary.  Swapping cameras with a known good one would be useful to determine if somehow it's a location issue (doubt it).

If all that fails, it could be a bad camera and a trouble ticket is the only way to get an RMA.