Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

not recording 3 of 4 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JeanJohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Original Arlo hardware H7.

A few days ago the base station went off line, when it returned out of the 4 cameras only one records video. Under the menu Armed is the sub section RULES only one camera is there and can be set to detect and record video.
All cameras are linked to the base and can view live video no problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@JeanJohn

Usually, powering off the base station for one minute cures these sorts of problems when the base goes off line, so that would be my first choice. My second choice would be to delete one of the non-working cameras and add it back in which should create a rule for that camera then if that works, then do the same for the other cameras. Try those two things and let us know how it works out.

Brian

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
brh
Master
Master

@JeanJohn

Does it allow you to create new Rules for the other cameras?

That is how I understand your question - rules are missing for 3 out of 4 cameras.

Brian

JeanJohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

No it does not allow me to creat new rules on the edit mode. Under RULES only one camera is listed.

JJ

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Re-edit the mode and use the Add Rule selection to add cameras.

brh
Master
Master

@JeanJohn

Usually, powering off the base station for one minute cures these sorts of problems when the base goes off line, so that would be my first choice. My second choice would be to delete one of the non-working cameras and add it back in which should create a rule for that camera then if that works, then do the same for the other cameras. Try those two things and let us know how it works out.

Brian

JeanJohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure where I can do that. What I see only on top Edit Mode and to the right done. the only thing I can tap is the pencil of the one camera

JJ

JeanJohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok I will try restaring the base, and if that fails go to next suggestion

brh
Master
Master

@JeanJohn

I just checked both the ios app and the ide on my computer and you are correct. There is no way that I can see to add more rules both for existing cameras and cameras that don't show up like in your situation. I'll swear there used to be a way to add more rules to one camera. Very strange.

You could try to go to settings > my devices, edit the rule for that camera and see if it takes. The camera must be on to edit the video properties, btw.

Brian

JeanJohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re starting did not work but I removed the camera, re synced it and it worked .

Thanks Brian!