Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

no footage to view

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nedk
Follower
Follower

hi... looking for some help with my cameras.

i get the alerts that there was motion detected, and the app has 1 notiifcation, but upon going to the library there is nothing there to view.

there is also no email sent.

so motion detection settings are all ok and the green running man is on.  i walk infront of the camera, get an alert from the phone. log into the system and there is nothing to view.

tried resetting the base station, didnt help.

al firmware is upto date.

any help would be good.

2 REPLIES 2
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

This might be a Firmware/Server issue and that Arlo Netgear needs to fix it...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nedk,

Welcome to the community! Do you have more than one camera that is displaying this behavior? It could be location related interference from another device causing the camera to fail. In this case you could swap locations with an unaffected camera to verify. Check the signal strength of the cameras, if they are too far from the base station and have weak wifi signal this could be the cause of video not being uploaded to the library. Also consider power cycling the affected cameras by opening and closing the battery compartment door and allowing them to sync back up with the base station.

With e-mail have you verified your e-mail account so that you will receive e-mail alerts?

verify email.png

Please let me know if this helps!

JamesC