Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

new camera refuses to update firmware

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
bucketofholes
Aspirant
Aspirant
I purchased an additional camera that came with the 1.1.1773 firmware and of course a newer package is available. The app prompts me that an update is needed. When I click update the app informs me that it may take up to 5 minutes for the update to install. When I leave the app and come back 5-10 minutes later it prompts me that an update is again available, having not installed it. What is happening here?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

This has been covered many times, but I'll do it again;

You don't mention OS, so I'll go with PC web site

Assuming you can already use the cameras to live view ( they are sync'ed )

First, go into settings/base station settings.  Toggle the AUTO UPDATE on and SAVE, Now toggle OFF and SAVE, Now TOGGLE ON again and SAVE.

that makes sure the auto update is really turned on.

Second, get the two new cameras within 10 ft of base  and open the battery door , wait a few seconds, reclose.... they should auto resync ( blue led flash then quickly flashing blue led showing syncing ) do not reopen battery door when any camera leds are flashing.

Third, once all cams are working again, reboot the base via the power button on back.

Forth... WAIT.   It happens during the late night when house-keeping is done by Netgear. If nothing happens in 2 FULL nights, then contact Netgear.

about 95%+ find this to work

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

This has been covered many times, but I'll do it again;

You don't mention OS, so I'll go with PC web site

Assuming you can already use the cameras to live view ( they are sync'ed )

First, go into settings/base station settings.  Toggle the AUTO UPDATE on and SAVE, Now toggle OFF and SAVE, Now TOGGLE ON again and SAVE.

that makes sure the auto update is really turned on.

Second, get the two new cameras within 10 ft of base  and open the battery door , wait a few seconds, reclose.... they should auto resync ( blue led flash then quickly flashing blue led showing syncing ) do not reopen battery door when any camera leds are flashing.

Third, once all cams are working again, reboot the base via the power button on back.

Forth... WAIT.   It happens during the late night when house-keeping is done by Netgear. If nothing happens in 2 FULL nights, then contact Netgear.

about 95%+ find this to work

Morse is faster than texting!
bucketofholes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Worked well! Almost as complicated as turning off a seatbelt chime on a 2008 Ford F-150 (look it up) but worked!