Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

library playback shows a green screen

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
trevandeb
Follower
Follower

Arlo . screen looks fine in library until you hit playback, then it turns green and you cant see anything. have tried rebooting, changing the batteries, re synced. nothing is getting rid of the green screen. anyone else find a resolution to this issue?

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try changing to Fire Fox or Chrome as a browser usu fixes this ...  ( usu flash is the headache )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
aripa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm have a similiar issue.  However I only see green in the video through the app.  Through the Arlo website, there is no green on the actual video recording.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

aripa,

Do you see this on all library content or is this a specific video? Could you provide a screenshot?

JamesC

aripa
Aspirant
Aspirant

only through the app does this green appear and not in every video about half of them i'd say... the picture quailty is also not great(even though I have adjusted my settings to best quailty).  You can see a blurry/pixilation issue here as well.  

green and pixilated

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

aripa,

If you download the video, do you still see the same thing on the playback of the downloaded video? Does this happen every time you play back the video from the library?

JamesC

eightbit
Star
Star

Sorry to jump on an existing thread, but I have the same issue as others on this thread and it still seems to be open for discussion and trouble shooting.

I get the same pixelated video in green, sometimes in grey. I also get pixelated ghosting of images in the video which makes the recording unusable. This happens on multiple cameras, but not all the time. Maybe once out of every eight recordings - however sometimes it's in back to back recordings

I'm using Chrome, but I did try the suggestion to download the videos, but those are the same poor quality when played in quicktime.

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 10.40.49.png

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

eightbit,

This could be occurring due to poor connection between the base station and cameras. Consider relocating (temporarily) your base station and/or cameras closer together, avoiding physical obstacles and other WiFi devices as much as possible, and test again to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

eightbit
Star
Star

Thanks JamesC

I'll give that a try and see if it improves. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

eightbit
Star
Star

Sorry for not testing over the weekened - as it happens I managed to record someone casing out the property and could ring the police within 10 minutes to give a description (detailed). Because of that I haven't made any changes to the set up just yet - I've actually just got additional batteries to set up my 4th camera.

I know it's not related to this post - but I never used to be able to record footage on two cameras at the same time - but has this changed as it seems to work now.

Sorry for the random update - just wanted to explain why I hadn't tested as you advised - just yet 🙂

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

eightbit,

Nothing has changed that i'm aware of. This has been a feature for quite some time. Glad to hear it is working for you as expected.

Take your time on the test and let us know the results.

JamesC