Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
shawv
Guide
Guide
IOS 12.1 DOES NOT fix this problem on my iPhone X s Max.
I don’t know what the reference to beta 5 is.
I have an iPhone X s max. With IOS 12.1 installed.
My video captured from movement on camera will not play.
My wife who has an iPhone 6s Plus also has IOS 12.1.
The same videos play on her phone.
MacMad
Tutor
Tutor
So are you beta testing 12.1 or do you actually have 12.0.1 which is the current version to non testers?
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
If you didn’t download the beta version of iOS 12.1 you don’t have 12.1 on your phone. You do have 12.01 on your phone. That will not play the videos. The public version of 12.1 should be out in a couple of days. That will fix your problem.
sjshoes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Are you sure you have iOS 12.1?
Hasn’t been released yet. Most of us having same problem as you are running 12.0.1.
Word us when 12.1 is released it should solve our non-playback issues. Let’s hope so.
shawv
Guide
Guide
2.1 installed see screen shot
shawv
Guide
Guide
Just discovered another issue.
I tried to save my arlo “non-movement “ video to my iPhone X s max. So I could post it here, and It just downloaded a blank screen.
jkk4_1998
Initiate
Initiate

OK, how could this person have 12.1 installed if it's not releasing until next Tuesday?

shawv
Guide
Guide
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Man I can’t wait for this thread to be closed. As stated no less than 50 times 12.1 is a BETA version that is available to developers and anyone else who has the nerve and ability to download beta test software. It does fix this issue and it should be fully available for update on your iPhones by early next week.
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
That makes perfect sense. Your phone currently does not have the correct driver or video format to play that video on the phone. If you download it you can view it on any pc, Mac or apple product with the exception of the iPhone X’s or iPhone X’s max.
Goodhec
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo cameras are recording but only a still image appears the entire video does not play. Please fix this issue thank you. I have the iPhone XS
EmbeddedEE
Tutor
Tutor

I recently updated to an iPhone XS (currently running iOS 12.0.1).  I found that recordings from my arlo camera do not play in in the vido library.  The progress bar moves, but the video is stuck on the first frame.  Worse yet, if I download the video to my phone and attempt to play it back from Photos, it crashes my iPhone.

If I access the same video from the library on an older iPhone 7, it works fine.  Likewise, downloading the video to the phone and playing it there does not crash the phone.

Tried to file this report with Apple, but haven't seen anything.  Figured I'd at least let Netgear and the comunity know of the issue.  Any help from Netgear in getting Apple to update their codec support for the iPhone XS would be greatly appriciated.  Until this issue is addressed, the product is basically useless on my new phone.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MacMad
Tutor
Tutor

Another Arlo app update, and still no fix!

Come on Arlo, are you just waiting for iOS 12.1 to land to 'fix' it?

Eddieusa
Tutor
Tutor
Just like everyone else...my videos won’t play...just since I got the new iPhone. Crashes my phone when I try to watch. VERY annoying!
Jaswickey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has Arlo came back with an answer to this issue

Ice4469
Guide
Guide

I was hoping the update from 10/25/2018 would fix this. But I too can't view videos on my iPhone MAX. I am not happy about this as it has rendered my security system useless. 

Details: 

• Iphone MAX - iOS 12.0.1
  • Arlo Base - Hardware VMB3010r2 and Firmware 1.12.0.0_27099
  • Cameras - Hardware H7 and Fireware 1.3.314 

Eddieusa
Tutor
Tutor
No answer yet
PeterCunn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue with my iPhone XS
PeterCunn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m using
iPhone XS on
IOS 12.01
With a new Arlo system and two cameras ( original arlo and cameras )
Videos appear as first frame only - and when played just stay as first frame - if I download they are white blank - the play fine on my wife’s iPhone 7 which is running iOS 12
ChuckN61
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just got a new iPhone XS and my arlo videos won’t play. Just shows a still image. They still play on my iPad. Is there an update or something that fixes this?
mcj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same deal with the XR.

Jon06chris01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ziggurat
Initiate
Initiate
It’s unbelievable that they haven’t fixed this after two app updates. They have had ample time. It should have been updated before the phone even came out. We paid a lot of money for these cameras and they’ve been right next to useless for over a month!! This is unacceptable. I guess they spent all their resources coming up with new ways to squeeze money with subscription services instead of maintaining products that people have already purchased. This is how you lose customers!!
Ziggurat
Initiate
Initiate
It’s unbelievable that they haven’t fixed this after two app updates. They have had ample time. It should have been updated before the phone even came out. We paid a lot of money for these cameras and they’ve been right next to useless for over a month!! This is unacceptable. I guess they spent all their resources coming up with new ways to squeeze money with subscription services instead of maintaining products that people have already purchased. This is how you lose customers!!