Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

i need to change the email address i signed in with

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mrsimendoza
Follower
Follower

i need to change the email address i signed in with.  I checked under profile and you can only change your password.  does anyone know how to change the email addressed I used when i originally signed up.  thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Sign into your account,  Settings>Account>Profile.

operasinger
Tutor
Tutor

This is not accurate. If you click Settings, there is no option for "Accounts." There is one for "Profile," but you cannot change the email address. I find this utterly frustrating because, apparently, there is no way to edit your email address. Why not?

operasinger
Tutor
Tutor

Also, the Help link goes no where. There is no Help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As usual, it's in the FAQs here:

https://kb.arlo.com/4118/How-can-I-change-my-Arlo-user-ID

operasinger
Tutor
Tutor

The page that you showed me is INCORRECT! Going to Settings > Profile, then entering a new email address does not work. This is what I'm trying to tell you! There's a green checkmark in that field, but clicking on it does nothing. There is no Save button. So the user cannot change their email address.

Please someone give FULL instructions how to do this.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you also enter your password as the page states? Maybe telling us the blow-by-blow description of what you're trying will help.

operasinger
Tutor
Tutor

Enter the PW? It doesn't state to enter a PW anywhere. What are you talking about?  I'm not trying to change my PW.

I entered my new email address in the field, and a green checkmark apperars. That's all that happens. But clicking on the checkmark does nothing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Re-read the page. starting with step 4:

1. Enter the new email address in the Email field.
  2. Enter your current password.

5.PNG

1. Click or tap Save in the upper right corner.
  2. Click or tap Log Out.