Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

how to secure Arlo vms3130

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
podstein
Follower
Follower

Hi-

just got an Arlo 1 camera system.  I'm surprised that the camera doesnt have a secire way to attach to the magnetic base to prevent it being stolen.  I appreciate the ease of positioning afforded by the magnetic base, but someone can just easily come and grab the camera off there. It's mounted as high as possible on my porch, but still reachable by someone tall (or someone jumping up).  I'm wondering why something listed as indoor/outdoor doesnt have a way to attach in a more theft-proof way.  Any ideas? I know there is a security mount available (https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo/outdoor-mount.aspx#VMA1000?cid=app) which would make it marginally harder to remove (i guess someone would have to unscrew the thing rather than just grab it?).

2 REPLIES 2
wpascarelli
Aspirant
Aspirant

You make a good point, and this is a topic that gets brought up from time to time. However, regardless of what mount you are using, it is useless if you are not yourself able to remove the camera and replace the batteries or reposition the camera. You can use any mount that uses standard camera threading. There may be some more secure ones out there. But generally any mount that you use will be able to be removed by someone who really badly wants to remove the camera, since it will have to be removable by you. Unless there is some sort of mount that requires a key that only you have. 

Mec111
Aspirant
Aspirant
There is a third-party anti-theft attachment that can deter theft but still has its faults.

I changed out the screws to an Allen wrench type so that it is harder then using a regular philips head screw driver.
Here is a link to it on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07JGNZFC2?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title