Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

how do i get cameras out of packaging?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
rockshan
Aspirant
Aspirant

how do i get cameras out of packaging? clueless and I dont want to break them...do they unscrew out somehow or snap out or ? tks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rockshan
Aspirant
Aspirant

nevermind.....use a coin and they unscrew.....my son showed me 😉

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Once you get the hard to open package open, there  are plastic screws into the bottom threaded hole on the cameras.

Unscrew these from under the cardboard.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rockshan,

They are held in place by a plastic fastener that will unscrew out of the bottom of the camera. Underneath the lid on which the cameras sit you will find the head of the plastic screw. Secure the camera and unscrew the plastic fastener to release the camera. Please let me know if you are having trouble. I would be happy to assist further.

JamesC

rockshan
Aspirant
Aspirant

nevermind.....use a coin and they unscrew.....my son showed me 😉

ChillEDog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear JamesC NETGEAR Moderator

Do you know the name of the ****** in product management or documentation who decided not to include this simple but important step in the instructions ?

Seriously did NOBODY at netgear think this might be useful information for the customers who pay to use their products ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Whatever happened to independent thought and troubleshooting?
ChillEDog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah  so this is number 12 of about  18 things i have to get done today,  independent thought as you so cleverly put it went out the window around #7.  this is horrible packaging, period.   actually it's pretty cool packaging, but leaving a simple sentence out of the instructions to explain is amateur hour.   sorry if that deflates your Sheldon Cooper moment.  

I suppose if all i had to do all day was play with tech it might not be an issue. 

Here's a question for you,  whatever happened to helpful end to end instructions.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ChillEDog wrote:

Here's a question for you,  whatever happened to helpful end to end instructions.  

That went out at about #7 since at some point I have to expect people to use the gray matter between their ears instead of various folks here repeating the same answers or giving directions to relatively obvious solutions.  We all went through the same process.  Without instructions.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I will pass along your feedback about the packaging. Please let me know if you're still having trouble with it after reading my instructions above.

JamesC

MauOca
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi community. I bought the arlo security system but I had many problems with it. I tried to return to the store and they are asking me to bring the box. When I got the system out I threw it. I need the package box. How can I get one?