Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

here needs to be something that records til movement stops even if it’s 3 minutes

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
iambulldog
Follower
Follower

Really I am not sure what camera it is I am sure it is the cheapest current model nowhere in the documentation nor is the app does it match up with anything listed. That is not the issue however, my issue is with recording time the camera work great but there can be consistent movement in front of the camera and it will still stop. In all honesty I don’t understand the purpose of this, in most crimes most people do not walk up and break in or do whatever within the 8 to 10 seconds of arriving they are cautious and look around and if this is true which I really believe it to be this system will never catch anyone doing a crime only showing up for it. So many time I look back at what happened yesterday or last night while I was asleep and I see someone approaching and when the get to my door / window / car whatever it is I have the camera pointed at the camera stops recording sometimes I get lucky to it come back on only to see them leave but the part about what the did was never recorded how is this helpful at all? There needs to be something that records til movement stops even if it’s 3 minutes. Everything I’ve read about this seems to tell people to manually record which this also is very useless because most people realize a crime has happened the next morning or next day very rarely while it’s happening and further I have had alarms go off telling me motion at front door or whatnot but the recording is not available yet so you have to wait and connecting live is never instant so either way you are missing what is happened please help or did I waste my money on this system

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@iambulldog wrote:
 There needs to be something that records til movement stops even if it’s 3 minutes.

There is a setting to record until motion stops   Is the rule set up to do that?

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them