Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

half of my 12 cameras have started going offline

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JakeMoore
Follower
Follower

Hi, I have 12 outdoor wireless cameras between two separate base stations. Half of them have started going offline and staying there the past two weeks. I've contacted support and have resynced and reset the cameras and base stations. The only thing that got them back online was opening and closing the battery cover. They lasted a couple days but are now back offline. Support wasn't much help in this area and said it was the wireless connection, however, some of the cameras that stay online are even farther from the base station. I'm just trying to figure out why they keep going offline and staying there. Some I have to use a ladder to reach so opening the battery door is a hassle.

2 REPLIES 2
12Brown
Aspirant
Aspirant

three out of five of my cameras are offline can't seem to get them back online try rebooting them several times remove batteries try to reconnect still no luck is there a problem with the Netgear system is there other people having the same problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual problems are related to blockage or interference. The signal has to pass through walls, ceilings, ductwork, mirrors, etc. which can block signals and interference from other 2.4GHz wireless devices can reduce the useful distance. Swapping cameras around can help identify if the problem is due to a faulty camera or the locations.