Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
chinomower
Follower
Follower

To conserve battery power, do I just turn off the base station or do I have to turn each camera off separately?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

chinomower wrote:

To conserve battery power, do I just turn off the base station or do I have to turn each camera off separately?

No, you'll actually use MORE power if you turn the base off as the cameras will keep trying to contact the base.

If you want to use the lowest amount of power, just put the cameras on DISARMED...they go into a sort of sleep mode pinging the base now and then.

If your concerned with privacy ( you share the cameras ) you can go to SETTINGS and turn off each camera ( but won't save any more power ) just that the camera will be disabled

In DISARMED mode, the OEM batteries in my tests run for about 8-9 months, if not more ( no other usage )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

chinomower wrote:

No, you'll actually use MORE power if you turn the base off as the cameras will keep trying to contact the base.

If you want to use the lowest amount of power, just put the cameras on DISARMED...they go into a sort of sleep mode pinging the base now and then.

If your concerned with privacy ( you share the cameras ) you can go to SETTINGS and turn off each camera ( but won't save any more power ) just that the camera will be disabled

In DISARMED mode, the OEM batteries in my tests run for about 8-9 months, if not more ( no other usage )

Morse is faster than texting!