Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

cloud storage

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
chirosax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does my camera have to be set to recording in order for it to be stored for the 7 days?  Or is it storing just by being turned on?

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

chirosax wrote:

Does my camera have to be set to recording in order for it to be stored for the 7 days?  Or is it storing just by being turned on?

You camera MUST be ARMED for it to detect motion then record.... if there is no motion, then there is no recording.

If the camera is UNARMED, it really just sits there using almost no power... just pings the base now and then so the base knows it's there

Any videos recorded will be stored for a rolling 7 days... on day 8 all of day 1 is auto deleted ..etc

( download anything you think you may want to keep )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
chirosax
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I ARM it?  Is that the same as starting RECORD from the LIVE feed?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No...

Go to MODE, click on ARMED

chirosax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. My MODE does not say ARMED but ALL MOTION ON so I assume this is the same thing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Actually, no. It implies an issue that can only be cleared by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh, using the Add Device button in the Devices tab. The All Motion On/Off modes are remnants of old firmware that are best removed by resetting. Yes, it's a PITA but things should work fine afterwards.
chirosax
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the devices and restarted the whole process with syncing etc. Still the same MODES and I'm getting notifictions that motion is being detected but in my library there is no recordings being shown.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

chirosax wrote:

I removed the devices and restarted the whole process with syncing etc. Still the same MODES and I'm getting notifictions that motion is being detected but in my library there is no recordings being shown.

Ok,,,as mentioned ALL MOTION is from sw that goes back to Dec 2015/ Jan 2016... They should be remove as they have found to cause issues

Did you do a FULL RESET or just delete all and restart ?  A full RESET is holding the reset button for about 10 secs till the front LEDs flash amber

With a full reset, the sw should update ( and I believe the latest version for Arlo base is 1.8.8.0-11528 )...you can find you sw version under settings> device info

californiaman
Tutor
Tutor

I notice that the motion/audio alert recording is only 15 seconds.  I feel it is too short to really record an action.  Is there any way to adjust it longer?

Thanks

Frank

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sure is - check the FAQs for complete directions.

Short answer - use the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes (likely the Armed mode). All settings are in there.  Better yet, create your own custom modes so you have complete control.