changing base station with existing cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
viking123
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo base station (along with my wifi router) was damaged during a recent heavy thunderstorm. I have bought a new base station and have 5 existing cameras. I have deactivated the old base station in my account. I then plugged in and added the new base station. No problems so far. Syncing the cameras however is not working. The cameras continue to make two amber flashes. I understand this to mean that my cameras are trying to find my old base station. I trying pressing for various lenghths the sync button on the cameras as well and having it right next to the base station in sync mode. However the cameras just continue to flash two amber every 15 seconds or so. Can I factory reset the cameras? How do I get these existing cameras to sync to my new base station? Many thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
viking123
Aspirant
Aspirant

In reply to my earlier post, for some reason the solution is to switch batteries.  Even though they are still full batteries the existing ones seem to keep it thinking that it has to look for its original base station.  Once you switch to a new set of batteries it seems to also switch to the blue light and let you sync properly.

I have no explanation for this.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Its prob not the batteries, but more likely your resetting the camera by the battery removal.

Or they were weak which can prevent syncing

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jwelch
Aspirant
Aspirant
I replaced my base station - original "died" after a power surge - and I am not able to activate the new base station. It just keeps on looking for it but nothing happens. Is there a full reset or something I can do to start the process from scratch? Thanks !
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure this will help but the only choice you have is to use the reset button on the back (next to the power button) until the LEDs flash amber.  Wait until you get the green power and Internet LEDs and then try again to use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab.