Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
BuddhaHut
Initiate
Initiate

I recently upgraded my arlo app and now I can't figure out how to delete multiple videos at once. I have an iphone.

The 'select/select all' option can't be found now

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This feature is now available on the latest version of the Arlo Secure mobile app available form the app store.

JamesC

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Arlo removed the feature so you won’t be able to delete your recordings accidentally.

BuddhaHut
Initiate
Initiate

so how do you delete multiple videos now?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Err, you cannot unless you wipe the lot. Refer content under privacy centre in settings of the app.

ArloMia
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agree. Update is super annoying. I like being able to select multiple videos to delete. Maybe an update will come out soon 🤞🏽🤞🏽

Crazy-spanky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, I like to keep my dash board clean and tidy, so deleting multiple video's at once would be awesome 👍

R4444
Aspirant
Aspirant

The inability to select multiple videos for batch processing, either deletion or downloading, is a terrible flaw in this new app.  If they were afraid that users would delete videos by accident there are better ways to prevent that.  I now have so many videos in my stream as to make it almost useless.

TMWright
Initiate
Initiate

I agree, this inability makes it almost impossible to reach any efficiencies in. If they don't 'have a patch to correct, then i will have to look elsewhere for a more user friendly software system.

ShawnAF82
Tutor
Tutor

i have to agree with you all. Maybe if we make enough noise we will get it.  if you accidently delete all of your videos that sounds like user error. if that's the case they should have a trash bin that  holds vids for 5 days IF you want it to. should be an option feature for a recovery bin. If I'm deleting its because I don't need them. I had to go through and remove 26 vid from the dang doorbell cam! one by one. Not to mention the "Are you sure?" every dang time.

VideoPro
Initiate
Initiate

I recently purchased and set up 2 Arlo Pro 4 cameras.  While the image quality isn't quite a good as I'd hoped for (lot's of digital blockiness even though the cameras have strong connection to our router with high speed internet), the thing that is driving me crazy, and may make me drop the system, is the inability on any Mac desktop browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari) or iOS broswer (Chrome, Safari, Brave) to batch download or batch delete video files.  Am I missing something?

From what I've seen in other threads, it seems like there used to be the ability but it's disappeard from the User Interface (UI) which makes for an absolutely horrific user experience (UX).   I've been involved in web development project and video production for years - first rule of any half way decent video hosting platform is to provide the user the ability to batch upload, download and delete files from it.  🤦‍♂️

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This feature is now available on the latest version of the Arlo Secure mobile app available form the app store.

JamesC

ShawnAF82
Tutor
Tutor

James!  We appreciate Arlo listening to the end user!!  Updating now 

R4444
Aspirant
Aspirant

When will this feature be available for Android phones?

ShawnAF82
Tutor
Tutor

I updated my app this morning and it allowed me to delete multiple vids