Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

camera seems to work fine but says it is offline even as it is recording

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jonphoenix
Aspirant
Aspirant

I logged into the security page to try to update the setting and things like that under mode but it claims my camera is offline. Yet at the very moment I can record just fine. I re-synced the camera and  the issue didn't resolve.

Anyone know what is going on?

Basically my base station IS connected to the internet and the camera is connected to and it seems to remember my old setting but now I can't change anything because in device setting and mode it claims everything is offline.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jonphoenix,

What browser/device are you using? Have you tried logging in from another device/network to further isolate the issue?

JamesC

jonphoenix
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried both firefox and IE and get the same result. Have not tried another network.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jonphoenix,

Some users have had issues due to security settings/anti virus software. Please attempt to log in from another network/device such as a mobile phone on 3g/4g to isolate the issue further.

JamesC

jonphoenix
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I previously had no smart phone and now do.

The same things shows on smart phone.

Base station shows as: Offline

Camera shows as : Offline

However it continues to take video.

The problem is I cannot change any settings since it claims the devices are offline. They obviously are not offline however as I have a video from today that just got recorded.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jonphoenix,

Consider a factory reset of the base station, deactivate it from the account and then add it again.

To deactivate navigate to Settings > My Devices > Select the Base Station > Remove Device. Add it back to the account by clicking the Add Device button on the cameras screen. After the base station is back on the account you will need to go through the sync process for the cameras.

Please let me know if you have any issues!

JamesC