Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

camera replacement

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
fpeace5412
Tutor
Tutor

purchased Arlo from best buy a couple of months ago. worked great. then about 2 weeks ago, quit recording video. spent several hours with 2 different online techs, and on the phone for a very long time with a phone support tech. still nothing. they said they would have a higher up call me in 1 or 2 days. why wouldn't they just replace it? i'm taking it back to best buy today and will post all the warnings I can to other potential buyers to stay away from this product.

3 REPLIES 3
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I haven't had that particular problem with eleven regular Arlo cameras in service for over a year, but I did have a video color problem (dark areas recording as green) on one camera and Netgear quickly replaced the camera via an exchange through the mail.

I think the troubleshooting would be all the usual things.  Battery charge, open and close the battery door, signal strength (conditions can change), motion sensitivity, mode, schedule settings...sync with base unit, base unit still on and connected, etc...not in that order, but there are only so many variables.

Can you see the camera in a manual view and can you record a photo or video manually?  Do you only have one camera?  If you had two, you could confirm the base station is working.

I you have ruled everything out with tech support, I would think they'd swap it.

fpeace5412
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the response. I agree that the troubleshooting part is necessary. But 3 identical times? Kind of wasting someones time, or trying to get them to go away imo. Netgear sent me an email on saturday to schedule a time for a call back, since my case was being "escalated". Filled out form for 2pm yesterday. Guess what? Still no callback. Amazing. Was told by the last tech that if I wanted, I could take it back to best buy. Best buy, 40 miles away-one way, told me I have to deal directly with Netgear. They don't accept returns on those at all. I should post the conversation where she told me "if that's what you want to do". I guess I have a 180 dollar dust collector. Oh, I returned a netgear wireless router I had purchased last week for one of my businesses. I refuse to go through this again.

All they needed to do was swap out my unit. Why would they not do that????

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

fpeace5412,

If you could, please provide your case number and I will take a look at your case and see if I can provide you with an update.

JamesC