Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

camera is off line again

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
natador
Initiate
Initiate

My 2 cameras are off line again. The wifi appears to be working fine and the batteries are only a few months old. What else could be the problem? 

Thanks,

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

natador wrote:

My 2 cameras are off line again. The wifi appears to be working fine and the batteries are only a few months old. What else could be the problem? 

Thanks,

Mike

batteries  ??

Batteries under the best will run about 4+ months for the average user.... Spec time is <5 min usage per day and camera set at optimized video.

If you got 3 months, it could be usage and or a weaker signal to that camera from the base ( uses a bit more power )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
natador
Initiate
Initiate

Batteries have been replaced. Still not working.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the base using the power switch.  If that doesn't help, you may need to punt and reset the base, add it back into the account and resync cameras.  If that fails, you'll need to open a case using the Support link above for additional help and possible RMA.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the battereis are in correctly ....after being offline, sometimes the cameras lose sync and have to be re-sync'ed as you didi when new

Morse is faster than texting!
Bigdaddywill38
Star
Star
JAMES, I turned my system off for 48 hours and then back on. Everything is working great (knock on wood) don't do anything. Everything has been working for almost 2 weeks.
William