Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
GumbyD
Guide
Guide

It has the VMB3000 Base Station if the camera has a model I don't know where to find it but they are the wireless cams.

My problem is adding a camera not a new camera but one I removed when changing the batteries. I have 5 cameras (now 4 showing). It was time to change the batteries but when it went to zero I mistakenly removed the camera but it is only removed on my laptop using Firefox and has been working for many months. I can still see this camera on my cell phone but it fails everytime when trying to add it to the laptop.

Like I said using FF 52.0 32bit but I also tried Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 and IE but it wouldn't even connect to Arlo website using IE. OS is Win 7 Ultimate.

The camera syncs with the Base Station w/o a problem just canNOT see it on my laptop in FF. The other 4 cameras are still visible.

I've tried everything I can think of so any suggestions are certainly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Power button recycle/reboot the base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
GumbyD
Guide
Guide

OK I should have mentioned I tried that at least twice maybe more. I did mention it syncs up w/o a problem it just doesn't show on the laptop at the arlo.netgear site and attempts to add it using any of the 3 browsers fails. I don't think it's the camera or the laptop. Could it be the way the website works with the browsers?

I should also mention I spent 1hr 45 min on the phone with support last nite trying some of the same things repeatedly.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The supported browsers are FF, Chrome, and IE >v10 ...

Running and have tested all on win 10, not sure on Win 7

Morse is faster than texting!
GumbyD
Guide
Guide

While that might explain why IE wouldn't even connect but what I don't understand is why FF displayed the other cameras just would not allow me to "Add a Device" but neither would Chrome. I could do anything else is both just not "Add a Device".  Yet the same device is clearly visible on Android.  Not sure whyt it wouldn't work in Win7 either if it displayed the same camera until it was deleted.

Spent lastnite with support downloading Javascript to no avail. Then he wanted me to delete it from my phone = "NO Way - NOT Today" then finally blaming it on my laptop.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes it's a browser cache issue that flushing the cache fixes. Also, you are using the master account and not a guest account to do this, right?

GumbyD
Guide
Guide

Yes, using a master acct. The very same acct that has setup all of the cameras. 

On the cache thought - are you saying all 3 browsers use the same cache?  I did try all three browsers and even if it is a browser here is a thought I had today - the camera was deleted if it was a browser (or cache) problem how did I manage to delete it?

And what I don't understand is the fact the camera that was deleted on FF still shows on the Android means what? I only remember adding the camera to one acct. right? So why does it show on the Android?

So if the cam is there on the Android why can't I see it on FF? Makes me think it is the Arlo website. Maybe the way it processes FF? It's not telling me I need to upgrade to add another camera.

Thanks,

Keep the thoughts coming.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, there are separate caches for each browser so having used 3 means that's not the issue.  Have you tried a different computer?  You may be at the point of opening a case with support - not much else to add here.

GumbyD
Guide
Guide

I already has an open case with support after trying everything under the sun it seemed like anyway, the camera mysteriously appeared in my FF browser even tho I was not able to add it before. This makes me think it was a problem with the website bc after it appeared I received an email to update the case which I will do today. Something changed but it wasn't here.