Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jeffnsuec
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a battery that appears to be bad.  The Arlo system is just about 18 months old.  Just to make sure it wasn't a bad charger, I just bought the separate charger that charges up to 2 arlo Pro batteries.  When I put it in I don't get an amber light.  When I use a good battery I have the amber light and it is charging.  How do I go about getting it replaced?

Jeff

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Warranty for any Arlo component is 1 year. Since it's 18 months old, you're out of warranty and would need to buy a new battery.

jeffnsuec
Aspirant
Aspirant
Even though it is supposed to handle 500 charges? I am lucky if I have charged it 12 times
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Not sure why it would go bad all of a sudden unless you live in extreme temps. Lithium ion batteries are somewhat unpredictable. Ive had cordless drill batteries last 5 years and some die after 2 years. 300-500 is the average for charge cycles but they degrade with time whether you charge them or not. Extreme temps speed up the process.
jeffnsuec
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sounds like poor quality.  Guess I can probably send the dual charger back since it was really a faulty battery.

jeffnsuec
Aspirant
Aspirant

No extreme temps.  I live in NY.  They are not in the Sun with the exception of the morning.

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Then poor quality could be right. Sucks... There exspensive.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

try to follow this ...

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Then stand on one foot in center of pentagram. Click your heels 3 times and say arlo arlo arlo. Then repeat 5 times before you call support . what garbage. Wait 10 minutes really?