Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

batteries life on Arlo shorly

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
alexder01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installation new Arlo camera at July 15th, but now 19th , the battery life show 19% drop over 81%, this's happened issue in my own camera?

It's also need me manual re-sync / reconnected camera to Base station with few hours, like's when I setting finish connect camera, just few hours , it's show offline.

Submitted ticket to tech support ,they recommend me switch wireless channel , but still happened this issue, Does anyone have this experience?

4 REPLIES 4
Razz1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the VMB4000.  Two  cameras are working great.  A third I took down to recharge as it was around 10%, and the 4th I hadn't installed yet, so it wasn't charged.  Now, the 3rd and the 4th just say offline.  I've done all the sync work as instructed, but the two cameras won't sync or work.  The cameras work when plugged in, but 10 seconds after I unplug them, they are back to not working (i.e., back to offline).  Only answer I have read is to replace the batteries.  That can't be the answer, can it.  I need to just order and buy new batteries?  One camera/battery was never even used. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Poor battery life can be due to poor WiFi connection between the cameras and base.  That causes the camera's radio to continue to work harder to maintain a connection.  Try moving the cameras closer to the base or reposition the base to be closer to the cameras.

Batteries will always be an issue which is why investing in rechargeables is a good idea. Arlo has recommended Tenergy batteries and charger that you can check out instead of buying disposables.  Regardless, check out Internet pricing to minimize the cost.

alexder01
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

Poor battery life can be due to poor WiFi connection between the cameras and base.  That causes the camera's radio to continue to work harder to maintain a connection.  Try moving the cameras closer to the base or reposition the base to be closer to the cameras.

Batteries will always be an issue which is why investing in rechargeables is a good idea. Arlo has recommended Tenergy batteries and charger that you can check out instead of buying disposables.  Regardless, check out Internet pricing to minimize the cost.

I would like say thanks your recommend for battery suggestion, my point what the battery life so shorly, right now July 21th it's less 5% off battery life and show should I need change, In fact I was surprised that the wifi connection affected the battery life so much, all new batteries can't hope over one week, not like Arlo say single used battery could be 3 - 6 months, I just own this product not over a week!

And I try to folliw up Tech support recommend to setup my Router switch wireless channel , and reset Arlo Base ststion, It's only hop to on more 9 Hours , then also disconnect camera, also need manual re-sync, so it's normal issue?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to figure out what's causing the battery drain. Bring a problem camera close to the base and see if it continues to have the problem. If not, it's the distance between the base and camera that's the problem. This can be caused by more than just the distance, such as anything blocking the signal (mirrors, ductwork, home construction, walls, etc.) as well as interference from other 2.4GHzdevices, including other WiFi, cordless phones, microwave ovens, etc.