Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

base station not connecting to internet

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
aziz
Tutor
Tutor

i have just got my wureless home smart HD wirelss 2x cam system, i still not able to set it up. the base station never conects to the internet. the light stays amber all the time thus the app never detects the base unit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aziz
Tutor
Tutor
I have contacted my internet supplier seems I have to get a static IP which is done at extra fees. I have just applied for it. It takes 24 hours to get the service. Hope it works. Will let you know. Thanks allot for your help.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
3060Cille
Aspirant
Aspirant

I´m having the same challlenge.

I ´ve connected the hardware according to the instructions, but the setup process stops and it seems as if the base and internet router can´t find each other.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the LEDs on the base.  If the Internet LED is out or amber, the process can't proceed.  You can try a different cable or a different port on your router to see if that helps.  You probably want to go fursther and press the reset button until the LEDs all flash amber and let the base reboot.  Does the Internet LED show green?

aziz
Tutor
Tutor
The led remains amber I have tried another cable and port. No luck
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That sounds lime the router is blocking access to Arlo.Netgear.com on ports 80, 443 and/or 123. Have you made security changes to your router?

aziz
Tutor
Tutor
I have contacted my internet supplier seems I have to get a static IP which is done at extra fees. I have just applied for it. It takes 24 hours to get the service. Hope it works. Will let you know. Thanks allot for your help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I know of no reason a static IP address is required. In the first place, that would be assigned to your router, not your base. Your router assigns an address to the base which has no bearing on the ISP address assignment. Maybe it's a unique situation...

kariez
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue.  I've tried a reset, didn't work.  My router is showing a connection, but the base station isn't.  This is highly frustrating.  How do I fix this???

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, how did you do the reset?  There's old documentation telling you to use both the reset and sync button - that's no longer true.  You should use only the reset button.

What do the LEDs on the base do?  There should be two green ones on the left - power and Internet.  If the Internet one is off, there's no connection to the router port.  If it's amber, there's a connection to the router but not to the servers.  There could be a number issues including router settings that could block this access.  Have you made security changes to the router?  Is it yours or the ISPs?  Can you verify that the router has assigned an IP address to the base?

aziz
Tutor
Tutor
I found the issue with the amber internet connection. Ask your supplier to give you a static IP address for a fee of course. Once done it works beautifully.
Thanks for all of your help.
ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

Same issue here! Everything was great for about a month now. I was having nothing but trouble until I had the ports opened.  Comcast just did a factory re-set now everything is all messed up again.  I made sure they had the ports open but now my base station won't even connect. Has only 2 green lights starting from the left. The third right light is completely off. It recorded at 9:30 am but not at 12:45, it's completely off! Super frustrated on my last day off. One day with comcast, another dealing with this issue once again....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The second green LED is for the Internet.  That means the base is connected to the servers.  Thus, the base IS working, it's that the caameras aren't connected.  You can try to resync them after removing them from Settings, My Devices or perform a factory reset by using ONLY the reset button after removing all devices as previously stated.  Use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab to re-add the base, monitor the LEDs and resync the cameras.